KLAD is an award winning design firm. We are collaborative; we work with and listen to our clients. We are visual, experiential storytellers; we educate, inform and entertain.
We create environments and experiences for Brand Communication, Live Entertainment, Film, Television, and Live Events.
We bring your vision to life…
Our clients come to us because they want a team that can deliver the exceptional – whether it is a theatrical set for a stage production, an experiential environment for a concert series or a set for a television show – KLAD provides the creative direction, powerful concepts and stylistic designs.
We set the bar high…
The KLAD team prides itself on the ability to provide on time solutions to any design problem, complex or not. From conceptualization to implementation, KLAD is focused on delivering the highest level of proficiency, creative direction, development, design and visual execution.
Our passion is in the work…
What we do at KLAD is not a job, it is our life. We love the creative process and it comes through in everything we do. We aim to surprise, thrill and excite our clients. Our experience has taught us to be flexible, to reach beyond the obvious, to explore new ways to bring ideas to life. We have a mastery of new technology that has simplified the process of transferring the creative thought into the visual concept.
Random selections from our portfolio.
- Studies done for Concept Art used for the pilot for the Amazon/CBS/Sony Pictures production Sneaky Pete. This set was built and filmed in a studio located in Yonkers, […]
- The Gene Me skin care product line is adjusted for each customer based on a genetic analysis.
- We’ve done some award winning work for CNN over time. From the iconic look of Larry King Live! to CNN International, to Moneyline. Good work, and […]
- Over the years, KLAD has created a number of experiences for Budweiser/InBev. Here are a few, produced and unproduced. Some ideas do end up on the […]
- We’ve had the pleasure to light the beautiful and talented Haley Swindal on many occasions, Here are a few of her cabaret act Play to Win at […]
- The Free Yourself Event in Times Square was a Breast Cancer Awareness event that also promoted the Genie Bra product line.
- Kevin Lee Allen was one of the Art Directors on this iconic, and now classic, motion picture.
The KLAD Team
Kevin Lee Allen
Artist, Designer, Producer, Author
He is the author of Entertainment Design published by Nemetschek Vectorworks. It is currently in its fourth edition. Vectorworks for Entertainment Design is published by Focal Press, currently in its first edition. Theatrical Design: An Introduction will be Published by Focal Press in the Spring of 2016. He has lectured and taught on the university level and at the Broadway Lighting Master Classes.
He is noted for his extraordinary service to his community. An arts advocate as well as an artist, Kevin has served on the boards of numerous arts organizations and theatre companies. Recently, he has been a judge and a reader for NYMF (The New York Musical Theatre Festival); musical theatre is a passion. Supporting emerging voices is important in fostering development.
His fine art can be seen at kevinleeallen.com. He member of the IATSE United Scenic Artists Local 829, and has received awards from the NATAS, the BDA and PROMAX.
Producer & Director of Design
Other projects she has helmed include the look for the numbers 1 through 10 as seen on Sesame Street, work for HBO, the Sci-Fi Channel Anthology series Exposure starring Lisa Marie and The Forensics of Terror for the Discovery Channel.
Other clients include General Motors, PBS, HBO, Sesame Street, SyFy, the Discovery Channel and The Department of Defense.
An avid yoga practitioner and teacher, Kathleen is registered with the National Yoga Alliance and specializes in therapeutic and restorative yoga.
As an active member of her community, Ms McDonough was instrumental in coordinating the goals of the Historic Preservation Commission with the Montclair Center Business Improvement District.